About Charnwood Tree Services
30 years experience of local tree care
Established in 1980 as a council approved, locally run family business, we're now one of the Midland's leading Arboricultural companies specialising in the maintenance and care of trees in your local area! We cover Leicester, Derby, Nottingham and the surrounding areas.
At Charnwood Tree Services, our aim is to:
• Listen carefully to your needs and offer cost effective solutions, being careful not to make any unnecessary recommendations.
• To carry out the work you require in a skilled and efficient manner leaving a clean and tidy site, all in accordance with our quotation
Insurance & Liability Cover
Charnwood holds the following insurance and cover:
£10,000,000 – indemnifying the insured for any legal liability incurred arising from any bodily injury sustained by an employee occurring during the period of insurance and in the course of the business
£5,000,000 – indemnifying the insured for any legal liability incurred for bodily injury (other than to employees) and/or loss of or damage to property occurring during the period of insurance and in the course of the business.
Charnwood staff have undertaken years of intensive training and assessment at verious local colleges including Brooksby and Southwell College.
Attained here were the following qualifications:
* National Certificates in Horticulture (NCH)
* National Diplomas in Arboriculture (ND Arb)
* National Proficiency Tests Council (NPTC) qualifications safe maintenance and operation of chainsaws
* Royal Forestry Certificate in Arboriculture
* Brushwood Chipper Safety and Maintenance Certificate of Attendance
Green Waste Recycling
The EU Landfill Directive is driving local authorities to reduce biodegradable waste input into landfill. This is because when green waste decomposes in a landfill site, it produces methane, which is a dangerous 'greenhouse' gas. It also produces chemicals, called leachates, which can pollute the local land and water.
Charnwood Tree Services processes the leaves, twigs, and branches (brash or brush) through a wood chipper this material is then sent to power stations and burnt alongside the coal which reduces the carbon footprint of the burning process
Charnwood process larger material into split logs which are bagged and stored for more than 12 months before being sold.